VFA Green Building Assessments help organizations identify the best opportunities for enhancing the sustainability of existing buildings and sites.
We work with organizations to:
- Define and track key performance metrics
- Identify green opportunities, including costs and benefits of potential investments
- Determine where to focus “green” dollars for the greatest impact
- Integrate sustainability programs into the capital planning process
Our assessment teams focus on five key areas of sustainable buildings consistent with guidelines for LEED® for Existing Buildings Operations and Maintenance, and other 3rd party ratings systems: energy efficiency, water conservation, indoor air quality and environment, site sustainability and materials and construction. Our services are based on an organization’s unique sustainability needs, goals and priorities.
- Green Building Assessment in conjunction with a Facility Condition Assessment provides a holistic analysis of condition of the facility portfolio and recommends sustainable alternatives based on organizational priorities
- Supplemental Green Building Assessment for organizations that already have detailed data about facility conditions and requirements
- Sustainability implementation planning to meet specific goals for greening an existing building portfolio
Green Building Assessments identify utilize the VFA.facility software for data collection and analysis including:
- Recommended Actions Report, including costs and timeframes
- Summary of expected benefits to occupants and environment
- Estimated operational cost savings over a given time period
- Comparative data on energy and water use, including reduction potential
- Green action paybacks compared to conventional options
- Detailed data on related building requirements and costs.