By Ameeta Soni, Chief Marketing Officer, VFA, Inc.
At the APPA Annual Conference and Exhibition this week, over 500 facilities officers, directors and managers throughout the United States, Canada, and the world are meeting to identify and discuss the most current and pressing challenges facing educational facilities, and determine the common path forward. Some of the major concerns include:
- Demonstrating the return on investment of sustainability efforts
- Managing the impact on facilities of new expectations from students and new ways to learn
- Preparing for natural disasters in order to rapidly get operational in the aftermath.
Healthcare facility managers are also meeting this week at the ASHE Annual Conference and Exhibition. The conference theme is “Dealing With and Managing Through Change,” an apt description of what facility managers in all types of organizations face every day. Key factors under discussion include:
- Gathering current facility condition data to obtain funding approval
- Making tough prioritization choices for capital projects in the face of reduced capital budgets
- Raising awareness and be recognized by management for proactive facility management.
VFA is participating in both conferences and enjoying the opportunity to network with facility professionals from hospitals and healthcare networks, colleges and universities.