By Ameeta Soni, Chief Marketing Officer, VFA, Inc.
In a recent article in Facilities Management Journal UK, Mike Kwok, SVP of Professional Services at VFA, points out that in today’s tight economic times, most organizations require a return on investment (ROI) justification for key expenditures. Securing the best solution for an effective, strategic facilities capital plan is no exception.
Some cost-saving scenarios that can result:
- When facility conditions are known and scheduled repairs and renewals are performed, the likelihood of costly emergency repairs and down time, resulting in a loss of business continuity, is decreased.
- Procurement costs are also lowered when organizations can view their entire portfolio of planned projects, enabling them to bundle projects and buy at reduced bulk rates.
- Portfolio-wide project planning reduces the likelihood of duplicate purchases and over-buying.
- When projects are planned in advance, there is sufficient time to send them out to bid for competitive pricing.
- With solid condition data and benchmarks, organizations can model the economics of building repair vs. new construction.
Read the full article for more insight into how a successful strategic facilities capital planning solution provides facility managers with the tools and data required to justify value and optimize capital investments.
Learn more about VFA’s Facilities capital planning consulting Services and the advantages they provide in analyzing data and making the best decisions for your organization.